Your body needs lots of water to function, especially when you take into consideration that your body is made up of 60% water. Cell function, joint lubrication, waste removal, and so many more bodily functions depend on water to do their job efficiently.
The general consensus on the amount of water you need each day is about eight glasses. While different people may need different amounts, eight glasses of water a day is a pretty reasonable goal to strive for.
Linda Dula, DO and the rest of our team at Invigorate Asheville understand that sometimes it’s hard to hit that water goal every day, but we want you to know why staying hydrated is so important and what services we offer to help you get there.
The benefits of hydration
Drinking water helps out your body in so many ways, including the following:
- Helps out brain function: Studies show that as little as 2% fluid loss can significantly impair cognitive function and can impact mood and memory as well
- Boosts energy levels: Dehydration slows down circulation, which can lead to less blood flow to your brain, and that can leave you feeling sluggish
- Prevents and treats headaches: When you’re dehydrated, it can cause your brain to detract from your skull leading to headache pain; in fact, headaches are one of the top reported symptoms of dehydration
- Relieves constipation: Water helps to keep things moving and can improve digestive function in order to regulate bowel movements
- Regulates body temperature: When you drink enough water, it allows your body to sweat like it needs to in order to keep your body cool and at a comfortable temperature
- Helps with weight loss: Water is able to increase your metabolic rate and help you feel full both of which can aid in weight loss and management
- Keeps your heart healthy: Your heart is made up of mostly water, and it needs you to stay hydrated in order to get the minerals it needs to function and to pump blood to the rest of your body
Water helps in almost every area of your body’s functions, so staying hydrated is of the utmost importance to your health and well-being.
How we can keep you hydrated
Sometimes it can be tough to stay on top of all that water drinking. Life gets busy and you forget, or maybe you just don’t like drinking water in general.
Our team at Invigorate Asheville offers IV hydration therapy in order to get your body the fluids it needs in order to function at maximum capacity. Getting fluids intravenously can help you see the results immediately, and our different types of infusions can also help you get extra vitamins and minerals that you specifically need.
For hydrating infusions, we recommend receiving one of the following:
- Myer’s cocktail
- Simply Invigorate
- Invigorate Performance Plus
- Invigorate Super C Immune Boost
All of these IV hydration drips can help restore necessary hydration to your body along with other health benefits that you need
To learn more about IV hydration or to schedule a session with us, contact our office located in Asheville, North Carolina, or use our online booking tool today.